Friday, June 25, 2010

"Happy Days Are Here Again" Blog Hop

Welcome to the 
Happy Days are Here Again Release
Sampler Edition # 5
by Elisabeth Bell
for SCACD

Happy Friday Everyone.....I hope you are enjoying your time on our Blog Hop!  If you are here from Judy's Blog then you are in the right spot!  If not, please head over to Suzanne's Blog so that you can start the hop from the beginning....trust me you don't wanna miss a stop on this hop!  We, at SCACD, are VERY excited to have the wonderful DT of Quixotic Paperie, AND the amazing Susanna Boyd of Papercraft Planet joining us today!  Now let's continue on the hop......here's my project....
I have the pleasure of showcasing the fabulous Carousel Dreams from this brand new Sampler Edition #5 by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD!  The moment I saw this horsey I immediately thought of riding on the Merry-Go-Round....I still love riding that ride!  Then the hunt was on to try and find a template to make the vision in my head become a reality....I did find one template but it was vague and I really didn't want to pay over $10 for it as it wasn't exactly what I wanted....so I set out to design my own....let me tell you it defintiely was an adventure.....but after the mess I made in my studio I was VERY pleased with the outcome!
 Here is a close up of the Merry-Go-Round!  I stamped the Carousel Dreams three times and colored them all different....just as the horseys are different on each Merry-Go-Round!  I stagered the heights of the horseys to make them apear as if they were going up and down as the ride goes around and around and around.
From this angel I am hoping you can see the glitter liner on the roof and then the glitter dots on both scalloped circles.  The liner and dots were both made using my Viva Decor Glitter Liner (Holo).
Of course the top part comes off of the bottom so that you can put some fun treats inside!  Below are a close up of all of the ponies on the Merry-Go-Round.  All the hoseys were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored with Copics:
The Pink Horsey!  Copic Colors used: R81, R83, R85, R89, E25, E27, E29, E53, G24, and G21.  I used a "Dot Technique" to colors all the horseys!
The Dark Brown Horsey!  Copic Colors used: R81, RV19, RV34, E70, E71, E74, E77, E79, G24, BG11, BG15, and BG49.
The Light Brown Horsey!  Copic Colors used: E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, BG11, BG15, BG49, G29, G21, and R21.  Which pony is your favorite?
After making the Merry-Go-Round I wanted to make a card that matched the theme....so I made a movable Merry-Go-Round card.  I was inspired after my mom made -->this<-- card a while back.  I've used Kaisercraft Gypsy Sister papers....I absolutely love the range of bold colors in this pack!!!   Viva Decor Glitter Liner (Holo) was again used on this card around the sentiment on the scalloped oval.  All flowers (from Wild Orchid Crafts) started out white....I airbrushed them with my Copic ABS to match the colors of the card!
Here you can see how the pony slides up and down on the Merry-Go-Round!  This was achieved by using two pennies with a foam pad in the middle.
Finally from this angle you can see the gloss and glimmer.  The horsey's saddle was covered in diamond glaze to get the shiney effect.  The flowers were colored with a Pink Spica for some soft shimmer, and then Star Dust Stickles was added to the bridle.  Platinum Stickles was finally added to the horse shoes.

This birthday gift set is available at my Shophandmade Store (which is similar to Etsy), click -->here<-- to go and have a look.

If you've stuck with me through this long post, I thank you very much!  I had so much fun creating with the Carousel Dreams stamp!  I hope I have inspired you to go and purchase your very own stamp like this to make fun projects too!  The set is available TODAY.....and remember Susana does offer an amazing discount if you purchase the whole stamp set together!

Thanks for hopping along our Blog Hop!  I hope you having enjoyed your time with the SCACD DT and our special friends!  Now click -->HERE<-- to head over to the store!  Happy Shopping! 

Recipe:
Copic Colors Used (on card): BG11, BG15, BG49, RV19, G24, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49
Tools: Spellbinders - Circles, Scallop Circles, Bow Easy, SU border punch, SU punches - word window punch, modern label, and scallop oval.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥ 

Photobucket

38 comments:

Lori said...

*Picking up jaw from floor* WOW!!!! This is more than amazing, Kim! You have created a Masterpiece : ) I love it and your card...the creativity didn't stop. You are very talented my friend!!!

Love and hugs ~
Lori

Sonia said...

This truely is a work of art, so much attention to detail.
Hugs Sonia xx

Kim Costello said...

OH MY Kim this is STUNNING, I mean the creativity of your carousel box is outstanding and then your gorgeous moveable card is magnificent, all the sparkle, gloss and details are perfect, thanks for inspiring!!!

Have a wonderful day
BiG HuGs Kim :)

Jane said...

WOW Kim!!! this is such an amazing piece of art hun! stunning colour scheme! I love the carousel and the way the horse moves on your card - incredible! hugs, Jane xxx

Dani said...

Holy Moley Kim! This is gorgeous! I'm in total awe of your talent, girl!

Renkata said...

woooozzaaaa Kim you blow me away with this project. Beautiful work . Gorgeous colouring. This Dot technique is so gorgeous.
My favorite is the Pink one :)

Lorraine said...

wow this is amazing is there any chance you drew out the template before making it would love to make this version if so could you let me know please as i absolutely love it xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Paper sculpture. This is crafting of a different dimension - stunning.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Kristie W. said...

Oh wow!! Your carousel is AMAZING!!!! Love the card too!!

Bobbi said...

Wow, both your card and your carousel is gorgeous.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Whoa!!!! My jaw hit the floor, these are stunning & the colors are just gorgeous!!! You did an amazing job on these, amazing! ~ Staci

Kathy said...

WOW Kim this is amazing!!!! Love your ideas here!!! Your coloring of the horses is fabulous and so real looking!! Love it!! Such pretty colors as well!!
:)Kathy

Mary Lou said...

Miss Kim~~~ You are out of this world when it comes to dreams and ideas becoming a reality!!!
Are you sure you want to be an accountant hun??? LOL
LOVE This Project~~~you blow me away and thanks for mentioning me as an inspriation~~so I guess I am doing my job as a MOM!! Hee Hee
You are INCREDIBLY TALENTED!!!
Blessings of Love
Mom

Kim Dellow said...

Stunning project Kim, just totally love your carousel! All that wonderful movement. Kim

Cor* said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! This sooooooooo rocks (no pun intended)! I can't hardly believe my eyes. This set are masterpieces! How creative are you!!! And the coloring, colors, DP, ribbons, flowers...........I could go on and on!!! GREAT JOB! You;ve done justice to this stamp!

Crystal said...

This is sooo awesome Kim!!! Amazing project!

Dawnll said...

I had to pop in from lurking in google reader to comment...
Girl you are amazing!!!!
I can't even believe you made this amazing project. I thought it was a prop at first. I bow to you the queen of paper I swear.

Candy said...

I too thought this was a prop, Kim!!! I can't believe you designed and made this carousel! Man oh Man are you talented. Forget school and get a job doing stamping and designing.
Fabulous job of decorating and embellishing never mind colouring. I simply don't know what to say. I am AMAZED!!!!!
Oh my favourite horse -mmmmm so hard to pick. I guess if I HAVE to pick one it is the light brown - but the pink is a close second and the dark brown is tied with the pink LOL LOL LOL
Love and hugs, Candy

Shazza said...

oh WOW these are just amazing, cannot believe you made that template yourself. I am just stunned at how gorgeous these are.... You have inspired me but I know I couldn't make something so wonderful
x

pcrusberg said...

What a great carousel! I can't believe that you designed it from scratch...too talented and you're making me jealous! LOL Love all the ponies and the card is fantastic too. Thanks!

cdm317 said...

Whoa Nellie!!!! That is one amazing set! You certainly had the creative juices flowing for this! I am in awe...

Danni said...

Oh my...I'm speechless! This is just beyond amazing...wow...you are so talented!! AMAZING job!

Char said...

This if Fantabulous. Absolutely out of this world Gorgeous. You are amzing. The design, colors and sheer genius puts you in a class all by yourself. BRAVO!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

I am picking my jaw up off the floor! This is STUNNING! Beautifully crafted and so creative. I can tell it involves tons of time and lots of love. Just truly AMAZING!

Susana M said...

Hey Kim
This is total genius!!!
Thanks for all your efforts on the hop :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Anonymous said...

holy COW girlie! amazing! LOVE LOVE the colors (that paper is a fave of mine as well) and that carousel is just awesome!

Lena Katrine said...

OMG!!! Hun, this is absolutely amazing!!! What a tremendous creation, in such beautiful colours and design! Lots and lots of georgeous details, and beautiful colouring of the cute image!
I'm just blown away, sweetie!

Have a great weekend, dear friend!
Hugs, Lena

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh my word Kim this is just sooooo exquisite!!! I don't know how you did it, really!!! I wouldn't even know where to start to make something this stunning! I take my crafty hat off to you! What gorgeous colouring too and I love all the horses on the carousel but I think the brown one is my fave!
Absolutely stunning card too! I am just in awe of your skill, creativity and craftiness!!!!
Hugs,t

Janiel/ janny said...

WOW you are very creative!!! WONDERFUL Project.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

thanks for sharing your talent...
hugs, Janiel

Lorraine said...

OMG, how did you do that? That is absolutely gorgeous and a work of art! Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

This is totally awesome. OHgosh, how long did it take you? Very beautiful and just amazement!

Vanja said...

Wow, absolutely stunning! Very creative! i love the image.
Hugs, Vanja

Lilian said...

Absolutely a work of art! LOVE IT!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Holy cannoli!!!! This gift set is AMAZING!!!!! I love every gorgeous detail in the carousel gift box and your exquisite card!!!! WOW!!! Your incredible talent never ceases to amaze me!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING about this DAZZLING work of heART!!! You totally rocked this blog hop!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Chelsea said...

uuhhhmmm Hi Kim!
I don't think I have words for this unbelievable project!
Wow! Not only is it stunning, it's so unique and every detail is taken care of. Amazing!
Luv,
Chelsea

Unknown said...

OMG -- this is spectacular!!!!!

Brandi said...

This is amazing!!! Love it! :)

Anonymous said...

What? Just come up with the whole thing out of your head? Like I should be surprised. This is eye candy, plain and simple. Gorgeous colors, coloring, and well, just everything really!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...