Thursday, June 17, 2010

TIOT - Viva Style

Happy Thursday my dear friends!  I hope you are having a joyous week!  Today is my final exam in my first summer class...TOOT TOOT!  I'm so excited.....one down and one more to go!  YIPPY!!!

Gimmie a "V".....gimmie a "I"....gimmie another "V"......gimmie a "A".....what does that spell?  VIVA!  This week's challenge over at the SCACD Blog is to use LOTS of Viva Decor Products on your projects!
Today I have a fun card to share with you and it's full of Viva!  If you don't know about the Viva Decor Products....you are in the right place because I have used 3 different VIVA products on my project for today!
 I have used the wonderful Watering Can accessory stamp that is only available in the Hearts and Hugs - Summer Collection by Victoria Case for SCACD!  This stamp is so beautiful and perfect for any type of card!  I have more fun planned later this week with this stamp so make sure you stop back to see what other things you can make with this beauty!  Of course the image has been stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics.
 This is actually an easel card that I made using my Spellbinders Large Big Scallop Square nesties!  The matting has been made using the Large Scalloped Square and Large Square nesties. On the swirls and butterflies you will see lots of pearls...these were created with my Viva Decor Pearl Pens.  I have used the Lilac Pearl Pen on the butterflies and on the swirls I've used my Cream Pearl Pen.
Here you can see my flower arrangement made with a Prima Hydrangea decked out with Viva Decor Glitter Pen (Holo), and Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.  Along the edge of the image I've also used my Viva Decor Glitter Pen (Holo)...I love how this glitter liner keeps its shape and stands out! 
Here is the bottom of the easel card.  I've used my Labels 9 nestie for the sentiment and again lined with my Viva Decor Glitter Liner (Holo).  The cute bow was of course made with my Bow Easy!  If you don't have this tool you NEED to get it....it's definitely a MUST HAVE in my book!  For only $5 this tool is so worth the money!  I would be LOST without mine!  I absolutely LOVE making bows now!
Finally here is an angle picture of my image.  Here you can see the "dew" that I created in my scene.  I took my Viva Decor Transparent Gloss Pen and added a few small drops on the flowers and leafs to create that "just watered" look.  Then I added more of this gloss to the top of the watering can to look as if the can is plump full with water, and finally finished with a little bit of this gloss on the tip of the spout for the "wet look."  I've also added some Illuminate Smooch to the butterfly, hearts, and centers of flowers for some extra sparkle.

I hope you've enjoyed my project!  Now I can't wait to see your projects with VIVA!!!  Make sure you link your creation -->here<--!

Recipe:
StampsWatering Can from Hearts and Hugs - Summer Collection by Victoria Case for SCACD, Sentiment (Hero Arts)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics,
Copic Colors Used: YR00, YR02, YR04, YR07, YR18, YG03, YG67, N1, N3, N5, C1, C3, C5, G28, BV000, BV02, BV08, Y00, Y13, Y17, RV00, RV21, RV25, R20, R22, R27
Papers: Basic Grey Porcelain Collection, and other Basic Grey from my stash,
Tools:  Spellbinders - Large Big Scallop Square, Large Scallop Square, Large Square, Labels 9, Bow Easy, Sizzix Swirls, MS Butterfly punch
Embellishments: Viva Decor Pearl Pens - Cream and Lilac, Viva Decor Glitter Liner (Hologram), Viva Decor Transparent Gloss Pen, Prima Hydrangea, Roses (Wild Orchid Crafts), Illuminate Smooch,

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

6 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Kim this is GORGEOUS, WHat a pretty easel design!!! Great colors!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Hi Sweetie! What a gorgeous card!! Love the colors and all your flowers are awesome!!! Love the scalloped edges! Your coloring ROCKS!
hugz
deb

auntie lisa said...

Very pretty!! It has such a summery feel....those flowers look like you just picked them out of your garden. A perfect card for this perfect Wisconsin summer day!! I am sooooo glad it isn't raining again today....yet! Have a lovely day and kudos on your final!!
Lisa

Eulanda said...

Oooh la la! So very pretty and like the new products you've showcased here. Good luck on your last exam. OMG my head would be spinning!!

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Kim, such a pretty card!
Clairex

Lena Katrine said...

Beautiful card, sweetie! Georgeous image - amazingly coloured, and soooo delightful flower arrangement!!!

Hugs, Lena

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...