Thursday, June 10, 2010

To Dad....From the Gang!

Happy Thursday!  I hope you are all enjoying your week...my first summer class is coming to a close next week...then only one more to go this summer!  YAY!  Today's my day for Try It Out Tuesday/Thursday over at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design.  This week's challenge is to create a project for Father's Day....and of course use a stamp from one of the lines that Susana carries in her store.  You can find them, -->here<--.
 For my card I have used A Puppy is Love stamp from the newly released Hearts and Hugs Summer Collection by Victoria Case exclusively for SCACD!  I tried this fun Wood Frame Technique by Michelle, but I turned my version into a card.  The wood frame was made with my Labels Eight nesties, Oval nestie, and distressed stripes Cuttlebug folder.  Once the panels were embossed I went over each panel with TH Distress Inks in both brushed corduroy and walnut stain to give it that wood look.
This cutie was colored with my Copics and accented with my white gel pen.  I went over the little girl's eyes and both puppy dog's eyes with Diamond Glaze for the real life look.  The baseball has been accented with a Red Spica to add a little bit of sparkle.
On the inside you can see I used two sentiment stamps that were stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa to create a wonderful greeting and added a rhinestone paw print to go along with the puppies in the image!  This card can be "From the Whole Gang....doggies included!"
 Here is another view so that you can see the dimension from the embossing.  I hope you have liked this fun project!!  Make sure you head on over to the SCACD blog to see what the other girls have made, and of course to join in on the fun challenge.  You can link your Father's Day creation -->here<--.


Recipe:
Stamps: A Puppy is Love by Victoria Case for SCACD, I count you twice (Stampabilities), Well Scripted (SU)
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen, Red Spica,
Copic Colors Used: E000, E00, E11, E21, E50, E53, E57, E59, E99, YR24, Y21, V000, V01, V12, V15, B000, B04, G12, R02, R11, R20, W1, W3, W5
Papers: Neenah Classic Crest, SU Chocolate Chip cardstock
Tools: Spellbinders Labels Eight, Ovals,
Embellishments: Diamond Glaze,

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥ 

Photobucket

9 comments:

Crystal said...

SOOOOO sweet Kim, I really love the embossing here sweetie..A perfect dad card!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW this is AWESOME!! Your coloring is beautiful and your Puppy Love just POPS!! Great card and love the verse!
big hugz to you!!
deb

Vicki G said...

Gorgeous card Kim! your colouring is beautiful!

Hugs

Vicki

Kerry said...

Hi Kim,

Sweet card and I love the image with the puppies.

Gorgeous colouring and I love the wood frame.

Love Kerry xx

Kerry said...

Hi Kim,

Sweet card and I love the image with the puppies.

Gorgeous colouring and I love the wood frame.

Love Kerry xx

Mary Lou said...

Awhh Kim~~sooo very lovely!! Those little puppies are adorable and colored so wonderfly!! Beautiful inside---cool embossing!!
Blessings

Unknown said...

So sweet! I just got this stamp in the mail today and love it! Very nice coloring and design!

Vanja said...

This is just beautiful, Kim! Fabulous colouring.
Hugs, Vanja

Emma and Susan said...

Hi there Kim! WOW! You have lots of amazing work here on your blog, all your creations are just gorgeous!! Your images are always so perfectly coloured and we just adore your style!
Have a great weekend,
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...