Friday, June 26, 2009

Can I Get A YEE-HAW!!!

Put on your boots...
Grab your cowgirl hat...
and yell YEE-HAW!

Welcome to the InStyle Stamps June Blog Hop!

Our Theme this month is:
"Cowboys"

We have lots of fun in store for you today! The DT put on their cowgirls hats and went to work on all the cowboy projects! There are many new releases over at InStyle Stamps today so make sure you head over to the store to check them out and place your order....let me tell you they are ALL AWESOME and you definitely don't want to miss them (besides the fun cowboy/girl images you see today there are also new sports, and school images as well)!!! Like last month, after you go and view all of the other DT's projects (their links are in my side bar), make sure you head on over to the InStyle Stamps Blog to vote for your favorite project (I hope it's mine...hee hee)! The DT member who gets the most votes will win a prize....AND YOU CAN WIN A PRIZE JUST FOR VOTING!!! All you have to do is place your vote; then leave a comment on the post with the poll to be entered for a PRIZE! You need to leave a comment to be entered into the drawing. The contest will remain open until 11:59pm EST on Saturday, June 27th, and winners will be announced on Monday, June 29th.

Now....onto my project:
I picked Cowgirl Kimmie as my image for this month....of course I loved that she had my name!!! She is so darn adorable, and when I saw these Debbie Mumm papers at my LSS I knew they would be perfect for my project! When I think of cowboys, I think of the western theme of cowboys with the sheriffs. I immediately knew I wanted to do something with a star to represent the sheriff, so I found this fun wooden star keepsake box and the rest is history!(Please click on any pictures to see them bigger.)
Here's my Cowgirl Kimmie card and star keepsake box:
Close up of the card...aren't these papers so adorable?
A close up of Kimmie, she's a darling:
Here's the keepsake box. I painted the edges of the top and inside of the box with a metallic white paint and it's so pretty and shimmery IRL!
Another view of the keepsake box so that you can see the fun paper:

The top of the keepsake box....again, look at that awesome paper...love the cowgirl rodeo paper, and of course it's PINK!!! Woo-Hoo!
The inside of the keepsake box. I shurnk Cowgirl Kimmie so that she would fit on the inside. She's about 1" x 1" here.
A close up of Cowgirl Kimmie inside the keepsake box:
And then some more detailed pictures:

Now....Don't forget to go vote for my project....I mean your favorite DT member's project (LOL) over at the InStyle Blog!

Recipe:
Stamps: Cowgirl Kimmie from InStyle Stamps
Papers: Stampin' Up cardstock, Debbie Mum dp
Tools: EK Success leaf punch
Embellishments: Roses and Cherry Blossom, other flowers from my stash, tulle from HL, Diamond stickles, white metallic paint

Hope you are having a GREAT Friday!
Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

22 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is adorable. I just love your coloring and love how you did the star. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy. Good Luck

Taylor said...

Absolutely adorable!!! You get my vote, lol!

Lilacanglia said...

Yee-Haw!!!
Thats a wonderful card and gift,
hugs
Angie

Moni said...

Hi Kim, so awesome project I love it! I did vote and did for you! Hope you win! Have a fab weekend! Hugs, Moni

Melissa said...

How pretty! I love those papers, and the box is fabulous! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've done it again Kim! Totally awesome projects, amazing details and I love everything about these! You really knocked this challenge right out of the park!! :) hugz, Mary

Risa said...

Super cute card and star box Kim! Your card is sooooooo pretty and your star box too cute! Great job!!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

A beautiful gift set Kim, so much detail and work must have gone into it's worth every minute. I love the Kimmie stamp :D she's so cute and your cowgirl theme is wonderful. Gorgeous little keepsake box and so beautifully presented. Hugs, Chris

Vicky said...

Kim, this is absolutely adorable!!! Fabulous job!!! That star box is awesome - love it all :)

MichelleO said...

Wowwy girl! this is cute! Love your card and that star box it fantastic!
HUGS
MichelleO

Jodi said...

This is just so cute!! I love what you have made, you are so creative!!
I love pink too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Nancy said...

YEE-HAW, Kim. This is amazing:O) Love the card and the box! It is fantastic;O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Vicki G said...

WOW!! This is the prettiest and your colouring AMAZING!!!!! WOW!!!!

WOW!

Vicki

CraftyC said...

Wow Kim ,these are fantastic, must of taken ages to do but well worth it because I think they are beautiful and that image is just fab!
Clairex

cats whiskers said...

This is just adorable sweetie what a wonderful box and such a great image, sorry for being a bad blogger lately hope all is well with you
Hugs Jacqui x

Lorie said...

Just a super cute project and card! I'm off to vote!

Jacilynn said...

super cute! great projects!

Crazy Creations said...

OH HOW CUTE I REALLY LIKE WHAT YOU DID SARAH

Nunt said...

This is so great - makes me wanna be a cowgirl too :D

xx,
nunt

Crystal said...

Great project...love the colors!!!

Donnas Den said...

Great work, Kim. You got my vote! lol.

Donna

Suzanne J Dean said...

Fabulous projects Kim--love that cowgirl image, she's just darling!

hugz,
Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...