Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Gorjuss Graduation!

We had a friend who recently graduated from college and she was also promoted to 2nd. Lt. in the U.S. Army! I incorporated the two major accomplishments into a card for her! I altered this Gorjuss Girl to hold a handmade diploma instead of her letter, gave her a graduation cap and she was all ready to go! Our friend's college colors were red and green, hence the colors of the card! Then on the inside of the card I incorporated the U.S. Army seal (that I found by searching the internet and printed it on cardstock)!
Recipe:
Stamps: Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl from Collection 1; Stampendous Graduation Words
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Papers: SU cardstock and dp, DCWV Congratulations dp
Tools: WOW - another card with no tools (besides my scissors)
Embellishments:
roses, Primas, other flowers from HL, ribbon, tulle, floss and brad from my stash.
I will be leaving for vacation on Saturday! Woo-Hoo! I will schedule some posts for while I am gone to keep you inspired! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

19 comments:

Lorie said...

What a great card! Did you make it to your friends commissioning ceremony? Those are always so neat!

Moni said...

So gorgeous card,love the graduated Gorjuss girl! Hugs, moni

Nancy said...

How creative:O) Beautiful combo card! Your Gorjuss girl is stunning in her graduation cap and green dress:O) Your friend is going to love this!
Hugs, Nancy

Anonymous said...

wow, kim this is gorgeous sweetie. hgus rachxx

Anki said...

Love it Kim! Sorry for not being able to visit your blog for some time - it's been so hectic, but fun with the new release of Anki's Sweethearts. Wish you a wonderful weekend. Kramis - Anki

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim:
Your Blog is beautiful so very much talent,
I love how you incorporated the card into one . wow that is just grand, This young lady should be very proud of her self. she and many others in servie that are protecting and keeping our country FREE. I will now be a follower/ friend. come visit and follow my bogs too.
~God Bless~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie
http://holidayfloralpieces.blogspot.com/
http://recipesbydottie.blogspot.com/

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous card Kim - I'm sure the recipient will be soooo... happy :0)

hugs
wynneth
x

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh that is sooooo clever and creative, hun! She makes one Gorjuss grad,lol!!! Great paper and colours...love it all!
Hey sweets I have WoJ blog candy up on my blog so pop on over and enter it!
Hugs,t

Denise said...

Absolutely GORJUSS!!! Love the way you also finished the inside.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

really fabulous card, i love the details and inspiration
hugs claudiaxx

Michelle Pearson said...

another work of art...I love how you personalize your cards so much...makes them extra special! :)

Vicki G said...

WOW!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Gorjuss is RIght!!!!!

Love your blog!!!!

Vicki

Ila said...

Oh Wow!!..I love this card!!...just over the top Gorjuss!!..Hugs, Ila

Wiccababe said...

love the way you've adapted the Gorjuss Girl
will have to try that
xx

cats whiskers said...

What a fabulous card sweetie so perfect for a graduation, and wonderful colouring as usual
Have a good weekend dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Frances said...

Hi Kim, love how you adapt your stamps and personalise them - very creative! Gorjuss girl looks so cute with her cap and diploma, sure your friend will love it! Have a great weekend. Fran x

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear friend. Just love what you have done to the image so creative. Hope all is well dear. Hugs my friend

Dani said...

Wow, this is amazing! Fabulous job!

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! I'll bet your friend loved this card! Great colours, beautifully coloured image, and awsome details!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...