Thursday, June 18, 2009

In Memory Of...

Here is a card that I made for our friend's family. His Grandma passed away a week ago after battling cancer for 5 years. Joyce was such a lovely lady and we miss her dearly, however, we are glad to know that she is no longer suffering anymore. My hubby and I are very close to the whole family so there was a lot of love put into making this card. If you look close I made an angel hatpin in the collection of flowers on the left. I love how the BG Wisteria paper looks so elegant. The sentiment was a verse that I found on the internet and made on my computer.
The finished inside of the card:
And the finished back of the card:
Recipe:
Stamps:
Handmade by
Inks:
Momento Rich Cocoa
Papers: Stampin' Up cardstock, Basic Grey Wisteria Collection dp
Tools: Labels 4 Nesties, Scallop Circle Nesties, MS border punch, EK Success border punch, MS monarch butterfly punch, MS branch punch, EK Success leaf punch, Janome Sew Mini
Embellishments: Rose by Prima, other flowers from my stash, tulle from HL, pearls from HL, stickles, and custom made hat pin made by me.


Well yesterday we got back from our mini vacation for my hubby's convention. Now, today we leave for my family's yearly camping trip! YAY....it's going to be so much fun!!!! We borrowed our friend's camper and got it packed last night. Now it's just to finish packing my clothes and bathroom stuff. Oh how I hate packing, especially because I hardly even got unpacked yet! Hopefully the weather is good for this weekend. We are supposed to get some big storms tonight (EEEEEKKKK)!!!! Hopefully after tonight all the storms are out of the way! Talk to you all on Monday!!! I will try to get another post scheduled for this weekend to keep you company while I am away! :)

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Dani said...

This is gorgeous and will be treasured, I'm sure!

Have fun camping! I hate packing and unpacking- but I like the camping! LOL!

Vicki G said...

Kim, this is absolutely Beautiful....I am sure that the receiver will find much comfort in it.......have a wonderful weekend,

Hugs,

vicki

Lorie said...

Oh, your card is beautiful and obviously made with lots of love! I'm sure it will bring comfort to the family! Have a super time camping!

Linda said...

It is never easy to make a sympathy card. You have made a very beautiful card and with so much lovely details.
Hope you have a wonderful camping weekend!! :)

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card filled with love.
Enjoy your vacation;O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Michelle Pearson said...

just gorgeous kim....what a treasure this will be!

had fun with your gram today....she's so perky....she's like a ray of sunshine! :)

My name is Wynneth said...

Beautiful card Kim - I can feel the love that went into it's creation :0) I'm sure the family will cherish it.

hugs
wynneth
x

Debby said...

Kim this is the loveliest card I have ever seen. Breathtaking. I am sure the recipient will be speechless. Stunning!

Frances said...

That's a lovely card Kim, sure it will be well received. Have a lovely time with your family and hope the weather turns out nice for you xx

Moni said...

So gorgeous card, love the butterflies and the flowers! Have a fab weekend! Hugs, moni

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun bet this made your firend and her family feel better a stunning and winderful card. Enjoy the camping sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

CraftinGranny said...

What a wonderful card Kim. I'm hoping I don't need to make one for quite some time but I'll be sure and use this one as my inspiration. What a beautiful card with so much caring put into it. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

Hi again:O) Hope you still enjoy your vacation. When you come home, pop over to by blog, I have a little something waiting for you. Hope you like it;O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Lena Katrine said...

This card is absolutely delightful, hun! Love the colour combo, and the flower embellies are just SO beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...