Sunday, June 21, 2009

Diploma Style Graduation...

I wanted to share with you the graduation card that I made for my cousin. This was for his high school graduation. Most of the paper used was right from his invitation....when I saw it I immediately knew I would use it to create his card! Plus his school colors (red, black, and silver) were so much fun to work with!!! I had to use the diploma style card again, which I used before HERE. I love shaped cards!
Had to create a stand on the back so that the card could be displayed:
I really wanted to personalize this card as much as possible, so that is the reason for the charms. Of course you need a graduation cap for a graduation card....but the other charm is of a guitar....why a guitar you ask??? My cousin plays guitar in a band so I thought this would be a perfect, and suit his style! (Click any picture to enlarge for a better view.)


Recipe:
Papers: DCWV cardstock, CM metallic,
Tools: Scor-Pal, scissor
Embellishments: flowers (primas) and others from my stash, charm from HL, brad, and metallic floss.

Tomorrow is my 1st day of my summer school session classes! Eeekk! I am nervous as I have 3 classes to complete in 6 weeks! Hopefully they go smoothly! I'm not used to going to class all day...4 days out of the week! LOL! Hope I still get crafty time in the next 6 weeks.

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Lorie said...

This is absolutely wonderful! You'll do GREAT at school! Keep up updated! :o)

Nancy said...

Amazing!!! He is going to love it:O) Best of luck tomorrow. You will do great;O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Nancy said...

Hi again:O) If you stop by my blog, I left you a little something early last weekend;O) Hope you like it!
Hugs, Nancy.

Moni said...

Stunning, love it! Hugs, moni

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! This is awsome, hun! Love the colours, and the shape is magnificent!

I'm sorry I haven't got time to visit your blog lately, but now I'm enjoying myself, by going through all your latest posts :)

Have a great week, hun! Hugs, Lena

Michelle Pearson said...

another great personalized card! love it!

Good Luck with the classes!!!!

Risa said...

Your card is totally awesome! I love all the detailing....gorgeous!
hugs
Risa:)

Karin said...

Fabulous card!!!
Great colours and lay-out .
and I love the cute little charms.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Lena Katrine said...

I'm back ;)

I have a bit of a challenging award for you in my blog - hope you like it!

Good luck on your summer school classes!

Hugs, Lena

Vicki G said...

Kim, this is so elegant, love it!

Jodi said...

Very clever Kim!! Love the way you made this!
Hugs
Jodi =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...