Friday, June 5, 2009

Embellish Friday Challenge #45 - Get In Shape

First I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes on Wednesday! I did have a fabulous day thanks to my family and friends! All of your wishes truly made me smile and feel good all day...I am so lucky to have so many people who care so much about me! Love you all!!!

Now....onto some crafting:

Challenge #45:
Get in Shape for Summer!

Here is my card for the Embellish-Online Friday Challenge, which is to create a shaped card or layout with a summer theme. When I thinki of summer, I think of sitting poolside with my sister eating watermelon. We both love watermelon so I thought I would tackle making a watermelon shaped card. I used my CM custom cutting system circles to design my shape. The seeds were hand cut by me. I can't believe that I made a card without a stamp...I think that has to be a first! However, I do really like how this fun card turned out.

I also decorated the inside to look just like the outside.
Now, head on over to the Embellish-Online Blog to get the rest of the details. We would love for you to play along.

Recipe:
Papers:
American Crafts Baby Collection
Tools: CM custom cutting circles, EK Success leaf punch
Embellishments:
May Arts Ric Rac, Lullaby Thickers, flowers and charm from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a GREAT Friday!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

What a cute card!! I love it and your seeds! WOW! Great job!
Such a fun card!
hugz
deb

Kjerstin said...

That was just SOOO summer and sun with the watermelon!! :D
Loved it!
Big scrappy hugs!

Moni said...

So cute, love the shape! Hugs, moni

sassyb07 said...

this card is so much fun! I love how you did the flower
hugs, Valerie
www.cardsbyval.blogspot.com

Risa said...

Wow...your card is so darn cute Kim! I love the shape and you embellished it so nicely! I love it!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Lorie said...

That is fantastic! What a great idea!

Trudi said...

Oh Kim I LOOOOVE this card, great work! I really like how you decorate the insides of your cards too.

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh this is fabulous, Kim!!!! I Love watermelon too! Great idea to use the ric rac that is very cool idea! What a great summertime card!
hugs,t

Bev said...

Love love love it! This has to be one of my very favourite cards of yours sweetie, brilliant!! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...