Friday, June 12, 2009

Embellish Friday Challenge #46 - Fabulous Fathers

This week's challenge over at Embellish-Online is hosted by my fabulous friend Michelle....we actually get together regularily and craft together! She's an AWESOME teacher!!! Michelle challenged us to create a card, project, or layout that celebrates the Fathers (or other men, be they tall or small) in our life!

Normally masculine cards are VERY hard for me....but it is my Dad's Birthday Party tonight (his birthday was yesterday) so I had a lot of fun making him his extra special birthday card. I used the faux bleaching technique with my color washes for this card. I also used the lollipop tutorial from The Next Level challenge blog to create the "masculine" looking flower for my card. We all know how much I love my flowers! I had a regular flower on the card to start out but it just did not look right...then I remembered the lollipop technique and thought that would be the perfect addition to my card.
And of course the finished inside of the card:

Recipe:
Stamps: Peterbilt Truck Stamp, Stampendous word Stamp
Inks: Momento Rich Cocoa, Adirondack Color Wash in Denim & Espresso
Papers: Stampin' Up cardstock, Basic Grey Granola Collection dp
Tools: Curved Rectangle Nesties, MS ribbon punch, EK Success leaf punch
Embellishments: Roses, Glimmer Mist - Iridescent Gold (used on lollipop "flower"), ribbon, tulle, brad, and custom made hat pin made by me.
Now, head on over to the Embellish-Online Blog to get the rest of the details. We would love for you to play along.

Thanks for stopping by....hope your Friday is WONDERFUL!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the image is so great! Love the cute flower and the embelishments! Hugs, moni

Nancy said...

OH Kim, what a great card:O) The lollipop flower is stunning. I guess your Dad is going to love this card;O) Enjoy the party, hun.
Hugs, Nancy.

Lorie said...

Love it! I love the matching flower...what a great combination!

Vicki G said...

This is awesome!!! Love the Truck image and the oh so masculine Flowers!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card perfect for Father's day.
luv
Debby

Beata Ewa said...

Gorgeous card!
Love the image and this masculine look of the card!

cats whiskers said...

Wow hun this is just stunning, great Fathers Day card
Hugs Jacqui x

Dani said...

This is so awesome! Those lollipop flowers are perfect, great job!

Michelle Pearson said...

Thanks for playing my challenge Kim!! Love the way you used this technique!

Maya said...

This is so cool!!
Love the truck and the flowers!!
Hugs from Maya:)

MichelleO said...

Wow.. I have seen the bleach technique before.. but this one is really a pop! LOVE how it came out -
HUGS
MichelleO

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! This is so cool! Awsome card for a guy! Great image, and great colours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...