Tuesday, June 23, 2009

School Bells Are Ringing!

I have a new image from InStyle Stamps to share with you today! Meet Janice....she is our cute school girl new to our anime collection! Seeing how my summer classes just started I thought it would be fun to make a school gift set! I decided to try my hand at making a mini backpack (found Becky's wonderful tutorial here) to go along with my Janice the School Girl card! Janice is so adorable with her cute messanger bag....wish I could carry one of those to class with me...instead I am lugging along my HUGE backpack with a gazillion books. I thought it would be sweet to have Janice carrying flowers so she could surprise her teacher with them. Janice will be available for sale at InStyle Stamps this friday! Make sure you mark your calendars because there are a BUNCH of cuties being released and I can tell you they are a MUST have!!! A close up of my card with Miss. Janice. I adore her big eyes....she definitely looks like she is ready to go and learn.
And of course we have the backpack. This would be so adorable to fill with fun goodies for your child....or to put some treats in and give to a teacher or even a friend!
We certainly can't have a backpack without straps! Make sure you wear both shoulder straps! I sure do or else my back would hurt!
Recipe:
Stamps:
Janice from InStyle Stamps (she will be available to purchase Friday)
Inks:
Momento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Papers: Stampin' Up cardstock, MME Penny Lane Collection dp
Tools: Oval Nesties, EK Success border punch
Embellishments:
Roses and Cherry Blossom, ribbon and lace from my stash, and school charms from Joanns.
School is keeping me very busy, so I want to appologize for not getting to your blogs and commenting lately! I go to school from 9-4 with an hour drive each way, then by the time I eat supper it's time to do homework and then go to bed so I can do it all over again the next day! During my class breaks I do sneak on my blackberry to check out what you all are creating and I have to say I have seen some GREAT projects in blogland! I can't wait to stop in at your blogs and say hi again! Hopefully once we get the 1st week of school out of the way things will settle into place (I doubt that will happen with these accelerated classes, but it's wishful thinking!) Plus I am missing my craft room LOTS!!!! I daydream in class about things to make while I am supposed to be learning....ooopppss! :) Hope you are all enjoying your week! Miss you all!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

13 comments:

MichelleO said...

Isn't she beautiful! this is really cute... love your coloring!
HUGS
MichelleO

Lorie said...

Your projects are great Kim! Don't worry about us and commenting...just concentrate on school and get back to regular crafting when you can! :o)

Anonymous said...

Wowzers!!! Absolutely gorgeous Kim! I guess your vacation agreed with you...you've come back with a bang! Love it. :) (We've missed you in the ISS group!)

Michelle Pearson said...

look at you go....creating AND studying! You amaze me! :)

Moni said...

Hi Kim, so fab project you have made, love it! And miss Janice is so gorgeous! Hugs, Moni

Nunt said...

Oh, she is supercute! Can't wait for Friday then :D

xx,
nunt

Karin said...

Gorgeous card and beautifull backpack Kim.
Love the great papers, lay-out and cute stamp.

xoxo Karin

Lina said...

Aaaw that backpack is to cute - and you're right, it goes perfect with that stamp. Super cute creations.

Nancy said...

Beautiful schoolbag, gorgeous card. You are soooooo clever colouring!!! Amazing!!!
Heng in there, the bolggers are still here when you are out of school in 6 weeks;O)
Have a great day.
Hugs, Nancy.

Vicki G said...

What a SMASHING Project!!!! Oh my gosh! She looks fabulous and that knapsack.......well it's the cat's Pajamas!!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

Bec said...

Oh this is just to cute.. I love that image..

Jodi said...

Very cute card Kim!! Love the way you colored her!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Debby said...

What a great project. Very clever and darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...