Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Flying By to Say Merry Christmas...

The countdown is dwindling...Christmas is almost here!  Are you all ready to celebrate?  Well I'm finishing my shopping tomorrow...have to go to the Harley Davidson dealership to finish shopping for my brother.  Today I am hoping to wrap most of the presents and to make some sugar cookies (the dough is already made...just need to roll it out, cut into shapes, and bake!)

Today I have a fun card to share with you!  My Uncle called me the other night and asked if I could make a special Christmas card....of course my answer was YES! :)  My Grandma's cousin's husband was in the Air Force in his younger days and my Uncle found a picture of the plane that he flew in the Vietnam War.  My Uncle was wondering if I could make a card with this plane and somehow have a Santa sitting on top of the plane.  This got my wheels turning.....and here is the end product:


I am very pleased with how it turned out...I'm taking it over to my Uncle today, I sure hope he likes it.  I used my digi Santa from my Stamps and Smiles Christmas Eve set.  I shrinked him down to fit in my plane...used my Xacto Knife to carefully place Santa in the cockpit of the plane.  The papers I used are from My Paper Studio.  Snowflakes were made with my MS punch and Marvy punch.  I added Star Dust Stickles to make them sparkle.


Santa was colored with my Copics.  I used my Spica Black and Spica Gold on Santa's belt for some shimmer.  I used my Spica Red and Clear on the candy cane Santa is holding.  Added liquid applique to the trim on Santa's hat and coat.


Then I used my bow easy to create the red bow.  After attaching the bow I thought the top of the card needed a little something more.  That's when I added the cream colored branches and used my Versamarker to color the edges of the branches, and added my Ranger Gold embossing powder to achieve the little extra that the card needed.


For the finished inside I carried the same papers through.  On the left side I used my MS snowflake punch.  On the right side I used my Nesties Labels One for the spot where my Uncle can write his sentiment! **DON'T FORGET: Spellbinders are on Sale at 7 Kids TODAY ONLY!!!  Check out my post -->HERE<-- for all the details! 
  

I hope you enjoyed this Santa flying by to Wish You a Very Merry Christmas!

Recipe:
StampsDigi Christmas Eve Set by Stamps and Smiles
Copic Colors Used: I seemed to have lost my note with my colors on...when I find it I will edit this to add the colors that I used!
Papers:  The Paper Studio
Tools:  MS branch punch, MS snowflake punch, Marvy snowflake punch, bow easy, Nesties Labels One, MS snowflake border punch

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Wow Kim! That is absolutely fantastic! GREAT job!

Jenni said...

You've done a perfect jobwith a tricky request - well done! Merry Christmas to you and yours :o)
Jenni x

Kim Dellow said...

This is fabulous Kim what a great card, so clever! Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas. Kim

Mary Lou said...

Kim You Rock!!! Uncle Randy will be so excited that I can't wait to see him :D
Love
Mom

Crystal said...

WOW Kim this is AWESOME!!!!!! You rock girl!!!! I hope you and your family have a VERY Merry Christmas!!! Hugs!

Donna C. said...

This is WONDERFUL!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...