Monday, December 14, 2009

Tilda's Mitten

Hello, I hope everyone is doing good!  Today we got some more icky weather...started with freezing rain and ended with snow!  YUCK!  I'm glad I didn't have to go to school today; however, I was stuck studying....my first round of finals begin tomorrow and the last round ends on Thursday....then I will be on crafting time for a whole month!  YAY!  You can't begin to imagine how excited I am!

After studying for almost 9 hours straight today I decided I needed to give my brain a break and color....and my end result is this:
 
 I have been seeing lots of people making cute mitten cards so I thought I would give it a try.  I didn't have a template so I hand drew a mitten.  Then I had to ink up one of my new Tildas!  I wanted a non-traditional colored card so I used my new American Crafts paper.  Added some primas and punched snowflakes...of course had to add star dust stickles to the snowflakes for some glitter...then a cute mitten charm and my card was complete.

 
Tilda was colored with my Copics, accented with a white gel pen, and then I added Gelly powder to her hat.  I have her sitting on some fun snowflake ribbon.  I'm entering this beauty into the Just Magnolia Challenge this week....which is to create a Christmasy Card!

Make Sure you head on over to Embellish to check out Barb's amazing sales!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Santa's Little Helper Tilda from the So Jolly Collection
InkMemento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen
Copic Colors Used: BG11, BG13, BG18, BG34, E00, E11, E21, E25, E49, E53, E59, R02, R11, R20, R22, R24, YR00
PapersAmerican Crafts Blue Skies Collection
Tools:  Corner Rounder, MS branch punch, MS snowflake punch, Bow Easy
Embellishments:  Snowflake Ribbon, Pink Ribbon, Primas, Star Dust Stickles, Glitter Dots, Rose, Gelly powder, Charm

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

13 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Kim, This is adorable!!!
hugs, Janiel

Maylee said...

Sooo cute Kim! Loving the Gelly Powder, need to find me som. : )

Hugs!
Maylee

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Kim,
This is a sweet card. I love Tilda and your embellishments are beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Ellen said...

I just love your mitten card. The colors are so bright and beautiful and all the embellis are gorgeous!!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

This is `Gorgeous` Kim:)x

Sheila said...

This is just so adorable Kim.. stunning colours.
Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Vicki G said...

WOW! Kim, this is STUNNING!!! WOW!

If I don't get by before Christmas, wishing you and your family a joyous holiday!

Hugs and love

Vicki

Unknown said...

Oh I love this!

Mina said...

beautiful card Kim, I love the nitten idea...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Crystal said...

Yikes Kim this is one ADORABLE project...LOVE THIS!!!!!!

Cami said...

Oh this is so adorable, Kim! Love this Tilda mitten...she's so cute and innocent! Cami

Rach said...

hiya honey,
hope you are well, your mitten is just gorgeous, so beautifully made.
good luck with the finals hun.xxxx

Michelle Pearson said...

this is so cute Kim! Love her...and a perfect way to unwind from studying!

This is THURSDAY....so from now on it's all play for a month! ENJOY! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...