Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I want to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas!  We are getting some more not so fun weather in Wisconsin (sleet, freezing rain, and snow!)  It puts a damper on holiday travels...I'm hoping the weather improves so that I can make it to my Grandparents house for a little bit...my cousin is home from Texas and I would really like to see him! :)

Today I have a WOJ card to share with you!  My poor Henry's haven't been inked up yet so I thought I would make an easel card with one!  I used the sketch over at the WOJ Challenge Blog...I'm hoping to play along with them more now that I'm on break from school!

 I have used the Making Memories Tinsel papers...these are so cute (thanks again Crystal!) 
 
 Henry and his girlfriend are so cute sitting on their candy cane!  7 Kids carries the WOJ Henry stamps!  The frame was created with my Spellbinders Classic Frameabilities and Labels One dies.  You can find the amazing tutorial by Yvonne to create this frame hereDiamond stickles were used on the snowflakes for some bling!
 
 Image was colored with my Copics and cut out with an Octagon nestie.  I distress papers with weathered wood and tea dye distress inks by using my Inkssentials Blending Tool.  I added frosted lace stickles to the white areas of the candy cane.  Liquid applique was applied to Henry's hat.
 
On the bottom of the card I used my MS border punch for the background.  Then stamped my sentiments from my JustRite Christmas kit and embossed with holographic embossing powder to add sparkles to the words.  I then used my circle nesties and cut the middle sentiment apart from the outside sentiment, then popped the middle up with dimensionals.  Snowflakes again covered with diamond stickles.

I hope you all enjoy your day with family and friends!  Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Henry Mouse Sitting on Candy Cane - WOJ
InksCopics, Memento Tuxedo Black, TH Weathered Wood Distress Ink, TH Tea Dye Distress Ink
Copic Colors Used:  YG91, YG95, G99, E29, E33, E37, E51, E53, R00, R01, R12, R21, R29, R39, R81, R83, R85
PapersNeenah Classic Crest Smooth, Bazzill Cardstock, Making Memories Tinsel Collection
Tools:  Dauber, Inkssentials Blending Tool, MS border punch, Spellbinders Classic Frameabilities, Labels One, Circles, Scalloped Circle, Octagon nesties, SM snowflake punch, Marvy mini snowflake punch
EmbellishmentsFrosted Lace and Diamond Stickles, Holographic Embossing Powder, pearls, liquid applique, ribbon from my stash.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

12 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Merry Christmas Kim! Hope you are having a wonderful day filled with peace and love. Fabulous card! Super cute image. :o)

Moni said...

So gorgeius card Kim, lovely image and fab papers!
Merr Christmas! Hugs,moni

maddy hill said...

Oh i dooooo like this very much Kim, its gorgeous . The colours are yummy and the colouring is fab. I love the big round Christmas sentiment !

Hope you had a lovely christmas and hope you got to see your cousin .
love
maddy xx

Lori said...

Hi Kim,
Your card is adorable. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. Love the snow falling down on your blog. There is no snow here in San Ramon, CA., but we will plan to head up to the mountains soon for some skiing. Have fun on your break.
Hugs,
Lori

Amy said...

Gorgeous card, Kim! I love these easel cards, they look so special! Hope your Christmas was merry and you have fun New Year's!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Crystal said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Kim!!!! OOOO Henry sure is adorable!!! I love your papers and the easel card......Framed Henry looks FANTASTIC!!!! Another great card girl!!! Hugs!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is the most beautiful card! I love your image and the way you have colored it. Fantastic layout and papers. WOW!!! I hope you and your family had a blessed and happy Christmas. Thank you for the sweet thoughts and comments. You made me smile :o). I have been missing you :)

Heather

Murielle said...

OH...your card is very stunning, Kim!
Lovely design!!!
I wish you a Happy New Year 2010 and
many beautiful creations.
Big hugs, Mumur.

Bev said...

What a fabulous card sweetie, love the cute image, gorgeous papers and wonderful detail.

Karen Mortensen said...

Oohh your card is fabulous Kim. That frame is gorgeous and the image so cute. Super work! xx

Jane said...

Stunning card, love all your details and papers, thanks for joining us at WOJ challenge, hugs, Jane xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...