Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Beautiful Christmas Card from My Hubby!

I had to laugh so hard this Christmas!  Last year I gave my hubby a hard time for not getting me a card....he said he didn't have time to get to the store to get a card and I told him he should have went in my craft room and made one.  His remark at that was that he couldn't use my stuff because he would use the "wrong" thing and I would be mad!  I told him that he could use my most favorite paper and embellishments and it wouldn't matter because it would be a card I would treasure forever!

Well this year he must have remembered what I said because this is the card I got:

He told me he wanted his "own" watermark!
 
Isn't that adorable?  He's so funny!  I asked him why no dp paper or glitter and sparkles and his response was that when he was trying to make my card he went into my craft room and was pretending to wrap my present.  After 1 1/2 hours later he came out with one decorative box (no wrapping paper involved) and I was like what the heck took you so long....of course he just smiled and I was like whatever.  Then when we went to my parents house for Christmas and opened our presents and I saw this card I knew what took him 1 1/2 hours in the other room that night!  He said he couldn't use any punches or things because I was in the room right next to him and I would have heard everything and knew something was up.  He said he was trying to be so quiet going through my embellishment drawers to try and find stuff to decorate the card with...he did find the "love" sticker! :)  I think he did wonderfully!  

For the past couple days he's been asking me if I put his card on my blog yet....I think he secretly wants to be blogland famous!  LOL!  He says he is a "natural" born cardmaster where I had to "learn" to make cards!  Oh that guy cracks me up!  Love him to pieces!

As you can tell by the card my present from my hubby this year was a trip to Vegas!!!!  I am so excited and can't wait to go!  We are planning our trip over my spring break in March...what a wonderful break from school that will be! :)

ETA:  Any recommendations of places to stay, things to do, or places that are a MUST SEE in Las Vegas please let me know! :)  All info is greatly appreciated!

I've hope you enjoyed my hubby's card as much as I did!

Recipe:
Stamps: n/a - He wanted to use a stamp but was afraid he'd wreck them because he didn't know how to clean them!  Isn't that cute?!  I'm giving him a class in stamp cleaning 101 so next time he can use stamps!
Inks: Sharpie Black Marker - I told him there is a whole desk of Copics in there and he can add some color...he won't hurt anything....lol!
Papers:  GP cardstock - he was too afraid to use dp because he thought the ones he liked looked to expensive to "wreck"....silly boy!
Tools:  paper cutter
Embellishments:  DCWV sticker

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

23 comments:

Anita said...

Awesome card! How sweet of him to make a card for you. Enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

Love the card your hubby made Kim ;0)

I hope you had a great Christmas!

Hugs, Janneke

CLHAJNAL said...

I LOVE HIS CARD!!! All of my boys know that they better NEVER buy me a card and that nothing is off limits when it comes to making me a card. I think their cards are the best ones of all. But everything is off limits when it's my time to play. LOL!!

Donalda said...

Oh hon!!! You got the most speical card of all!!!! Your hubby has to be the sweetest to do that for you. I know you will treasure the card forever. Hope you had a wonderful day dear friend. Hugs

Diamond Doll said...

Awww it,s just brill Kim sounds like you,ve had a great christmas so far.
(Hugs)
Trish (-:

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh Kim, how cute is that! You know he really is a natural born crafter, he knew that you don't EVER use yummy DP's just look at them and stroke them and keep them for Special LOL
hugs
wynneth
x

Nancy said...

Fabulous card, Kim:O) He is so clever, lol:O) I bet after a couple of hours together with you in the craft room, you will have competition in him:O)
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and all the best for the new year.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Michelle said...

Oh, Kim!! That is *awesome* lol.....he's a keeper!! I've never been to Vegas so I can't recommend anything, but I'm sure you'll have a FAB time!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Brent~~ this is superb, I see your talent expanding in a different direction---watch out Kim :-) Love the watermark!!
Love you
Mom

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh this is just precious.... And yes a masterpiece sweetie.. I would bet you better scrapbook this one.. How special of a man you must have....
hugs, Janiel

Denise said...

That is so sweet! Now you know that is one you will never throw away and it needs to go into a scrapbook!

Tell him awesome job!

Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com

Lori said...

What a sweetie. Maybe he should give my hubby some lessons. By the way, are you on Facebook?

Lorie said...

Oh, that is just WONDERFUL Kim! What a sweetie husband! We stayed at the Signature at MGM Grand and they were AMAZINGLY wonderful! I would HIGHLY and I mean HIGHLY recommend them! E-mail me if you have any questions about them!

http://www.signaturemgmgrand.com/

SarahA said...

What a husband you have! Tell Brent that he needs to share his talent with Ray. LOL! I so LOVE Vegas!!!

Maya said...

Ohhh isn`t he just the most awesome guy, ever?!
He made a card for you!!!
You lucky girl,Kim :)
The card is a treasure, take good care of it :)

Hope you have good days,
hugs from Maya :)

cats whiskers said...

Oh sweetie what a fabby husband you have, I love the card and even more the grea pressie inside it. Hope you had a wonderful Xmas
Love Jacqui x

Michelle Pearson said...

what a funny feller you have! :)
what a fun gift! Enjoy your spring break for sure!!

Can't wait to see what he creates after stamping 101! :)

Crystal said...

AWWWW how sweet of him to make you a card...that is just too cute!!! Enjoy your trip girl, lucky you!

Bev said...

Absolutley priceless lol. Definitely a keeper for sure. Hope you had a good Christmas sweetie x

Sharon said...

This post had me in stitches. What a super hubby you have. Enjoy your holiday in Vegas, which is far far away from sunny South Africa! Hugs Sharon

Dannette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dannette said...

Hey there Kim, What a sweetie your husband is. Craig and I are going on our honeymoon in July. We are staying at Planet Hollywood. Vegas is awesome! Hugs, Dannette

Rosette said...

Simply Adorable!! LOL !! Lovely and priceless card Kim :) Happy new year sweetie, and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...