Sunday, January 25, 2009

WOJ Challenge #15

First off I want to thank everyone for the well wishes for my hubby! Today is the first day he is actually feeling better...so I got a little time to play today, after cleaning all the germies out of our house! And luckily enough (knock on wood) I haven't gotten sick! Hopefully it stays that way! Tomorrow my semester starts at school so homework will be consuming a lot of my time...but I am sure I will be able to still squish in some play time....somethine has to keep me sane and give me a break from all of the numbers!

This week over at the WOJ Challenge blog there is a sketch by the fabulous Katharina! I always like to use Katharina's sketches to make my cards!!! Here is my take on the sketch! I got this fabulous WOJ Herb in Love from my great friend Loreen! She has the WOJ stamps available for purchase at her store, Wish On A Scrap. Papers are from my stash...some are so old I don't even know where they are from anymore....ooppss, you can't tell I love paper can you?! I used my Janome Sew Mini that I got from Christmas from my parents! After a little bit of trouble trying to put the bobbin in....we were in sewing order! I had so much fun with it...I can only imagine you will get sick of seeing sewing on my cards! ha ha! I also used my Fiskars heart border punch, prima and hemp twine from my stash. My new Valentine ribbon...I think one is from Joanns and the other is Michaels.
Here is a close up of my snowpeople! Aren't they just adorable? I colored them with my Copics, and then added some Shimmerz Blingz in pixie dust for some glitz and shine! I am a total girlie girl and love sparkles! (If you click on the picture it will make it bigger so you can see the Shimmerz sparkle!)
And of course we have the finished inside! Used my nesties as I did on the front! I took the scalloped circle and ran the piece through my Cuttlebug in my d'vine swirls folder to add a little bit of dimension! Then added some foam hearts....and my masterpiece was complete!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
**Don't forget to sign up for my blog candy!
You have until the end of the week to enter!**

21 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, gosh Kim...this is beautiful! I love it!

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Sharon Caudle said...

What a beautiful card! Love that paper and the image is so cute!!!!

MalinL said...

Really lovely valentine's card!

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fantastic. Michele x

Regina said...

What an adorable card - so much attention to detail - love your sentiment technique too!

Rina said...

What a beautiful card Kim. Very detailed in and out. Nice, nice work =)

Loreen said...

This came out great. Your coloring and sewing look awesome =)

Courtney said...

Oh gracious, this is just stunning! Here's big hopes and prayers that you don't get ill, so glad hubby is better! That's the pits!

cats whiskers said...

Oh gosh Kim this is just eye popping I love your colouring of the Fabby Herb image and the papers are just perfect, all in all a fabulous card dear. Thanks for joining us this week
big hugs
Jacqui x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I am so glad to hear that your hubby is feeling better and you have not gotten sick!
This card is adorable!!! i just saw this image over the weekend and thought it was just the cutest!!! Your card is adorable!!!

Danni said...

Adorable card, even though that image just freaks me out. LOL!!

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Kim - I so love that image and the rich colours you have used are stunning. Love all the special details you have added, it's fantastic!!

hugs Bev x

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

That's really nice.

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Kim! Love that image!

Sarah said...

This card is just stunning Kim!! You did a fantastic job...love all the little details!!

Michelle Pearson said...

very cute card!! Love the image and your coloring!! G'ma doesn't know you have nesties....she just saw mine today! LOL! I told her you probably had some!! ;)

Rach said...

This is an adorable card Kim, love all the finishing touches, so pretty. hugs rachxx

Renate´s Stempelwelt said...

wow a wonderful card. so beautiful :-)
hugs - renate

Lynn Put said...

Oh this is so sweet! You did a marvelous job on this card!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Kim, LOVE those cute images & sparkle! Great sketch too, I got to try it!

Hugs to you, Jennifer :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...